KAG Delta Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KAG Delta Force

A KAGish Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TheBook!!!

Go down 
5 posters

Want me to keep posting updates to this?
Yes
TheBook!!!  Empty50%TheBook!!!  Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
No
TheBook!!!  Empty0%TheBook!!!  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Make a new start
 0% [ 0 ]
Make it cleaner (write below)
 0% [ 0 ]
Definitely
TheBook!!!  Empty50%TheBook!!!  Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
nica911

nica911

TheBook!!!  Empty
PostSubject: TheBook!!!    TheBook!!!  EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:17 pm

The other book you saw below moved way to fast and it was in a viewpoint I wasn't comfortable with, hopefully you will like this one much better than the last although the last one I put at least 20x more time into it than this one which took me 3 hours to write.

There are some parts that are supposed to be italicized like the names of spells, but the writing thing here makes things being bolded and italicized very hard to make.

Put down a title for the book that you think would be appropriate below please.

Anything that is 'new' in the book will be bolded
ex. fairies are green : fairies are very green

Danvei looked outside from the door to his house. Today was a festival day, and everyone in the keep went to the castle. No one was anywhere near him, and that included his parents. Every year Danvei sleeps through the festival, and they would leave him here. Last year he went on a rampage in the house, smashing anything fragile. Danvei wondered if he’d put the effort into smashing a pot this year. Danvei thought the he might walk there this year, or maybe he would practice some magic at the spell library.

If Danvei went to the festival then he would get the worst seats, and that usually means that you can’t even see the parade. Raiding the spell library with no one there sounds ideal, as the librarian Bryke kept him away from the more difficult spells.

Danvei would have to leave a note to his parents saying where he went, but they don’t like him using magic, so he put down Going to Aursa’s house, I might not get in before dark. His parents are some of the only people who are part of an anti-magic group, mostly because of them not being able to use it. When I first used magic my parents sent me to my uncle’s house on the other side of the keep for almost a year.

Danvei’s parents Ariel and Taran have never liked me going to Aursa’s house because of her father Wayne being a renowned spell-maker, and his wife Cylia being a magic-trainer, but they seemed to like Aursa as if she was their daughter and was always asking if she could come over instead.

Aursa was his closest friend, and most people made untrue ideas about him and her being together, especially their parents. Just like Danvei’s parents Wayne and Cylia thought the same about Danvei, and would probably cover for him going to the library.

A small forest surrounded the path going to the library and Danvei sometimes had to cut the occasional shrub that blocked the way, but he had an enchanted knife that was capable of the task. The animals that Danvei saw in the forest were usually small birds and lizards, but he could sometimes find if he went off the path large game. The only animals that Danvei could see were birds and the occasional squirrel, and he didn’t bother straying from the path. After the path came an intersection, the left leading into the town, and the right went towards the library and the market. From the intersection Danvei could see the crowds of people on his left side, and emptiness on his right. Danvei watched the crowds cheer, wondering if he should go to them instead, but kept to the path going to the library.

Wandering the streets as a youth usually meant being watched by guards from all sides, and them not being there to watch made today even better. The ruler of our keep Inghis makes his guards watch any suspicious people, and that includes children traveling without their parents. Inghis named the keep after himself, unlike most rulers who leave the name alone. Inghis is a strange man, and is only seen on festival days, and stays inside his castle otherwise.

The library was at least 5 stories high, and incredibly wide, Danvei wondered how many houses could fit in its place. The building was made of yellow wood and lots of windows that each had a different design.

The inside was much more intricate than the outside, and looked to be even bigger. All of the bookshelves were full with spells, and the floor was shining brightly, reflecting even. The library workers must’ve cleaned it last night, maybe to please the merchants that come during the festivals. Trying to find a specific spell in the library was very time consuming, and you would probably settle for a spell that interests you instead. The trick of libraries is to come in looking for a category, and then you can try and find the right spell.

The side of each bookshelf had the category carved into it, and some bookshelves were just sub-categories for spells that could fit into multiple categories. Down the aisle it seemed to be alphabetical, and it went Air Blast Beast Call Capture Create Dark Drake Empathy Fire Form Free, all the way down to Zombie.

Danvei went down all the aisles of the library, and took several spells in the create category, as he was always fascinated with the setup and the outcome of the create category. Sometimes the spells made an animal bigger or smaller, and it would only last until dark, or maybe it would create a magical wisp that would help you with the task the spell was made for. Danvei was most interested in the rare create spells that could let you create permanents, traits, and familiars.

All of the ancient spells were kept in the castle, guarded day and night. Unfortunately, all of the permanent and familiar spells are considered ancient, only seen by the ruler and his advisors. Most of the trait spells are also kept in the castle but some minor ones are hidden around the library, just like every other rare spell.

Bryke uses illusions to hide the rare ones from newcomers and children and Danvei has seen people fall for them many times. Most illusions are made so that you can only see past them if you have seen it over a long period of time, and being a spell-keeper like Bryke requires training in these kinds of illusions. Danvei can sense some of them now, but can only see through one of the illusions to a create trait spell named Breath, which let fish breath on land within a certain distance from a body of water.

Behind the library was a warehouse that the worn down spells lived in, and it also contained some products that the library used to sell like spell creating kits and targets. Danvei uses the warehouse as one of the practice rooms he has for the spells he gets at the library, and since nobody was around he wondered if he should use one of he few blast spells today. Danvei wanted to practice not create a spell crime scene, so he chose a wisp create spell called Clean, and like most wisp spells he had to think of everything the wisp would be and do. He thought about a blue candlelight wisp with two circular white eyes sweeping the scattered spells with a broom into a compact pile near the corner of the warehouse.

Danvei opened his eyes and saw the wasp floating in front of him, seeming to bounce on air. The wisp was there, but it wasn’t doing anything, it just stayed there. Danvei imagined the wisp disappearing in his mind, but it still stayed.

“Name,” it said, greatly exaggerating the syllables.

Danvei jumped back, throwing the spell at it. The spell hit the target but it just passed through the wisp, that didn’t seem to notice the attack.

“Name,” it said, sounding exactly the same as the first.

Wisp creation spells are made so that the wisp does whatever you imagine if it’s in the category of the spell, in this case Clean. Danvei edges toward the spell to read over the instructions, but the spell seems to be a regular wisp creation spell. Danvei decides to give the wisp a name, like it asked. The wisp will be named Sorje, after a wolf familiar created by the previous ruler Herius.

“Sorje,” Danvei declared to the wisp.

“Sorje,” Sorje said, “I am Sorje.”

“Task,” Sorje said.

“Be my familiar,” Danvei answered, wondering whether this is really happening.

“Familiar,” Sorje said, “I will be a familiar,”

Sorje rapidly changes colors and forms, going from a yellow gaseous fish, to a red liquid rabbit, to a brown solid bear, and then back into its regular form.

Danvei wondered if he could change Sorje’s appearance just like he created it, and he imagined a small light brown mouse, and Sorje turned into a gaseous mouse, scurrying around the room. Danvei tried imagining other creatures but they all stayed gaseous. Danvei tried to imagine a gaseous coin, then a liquid coin, and then a solid coin, just like the wisp did the first time and in front of him there was a small solid coin. Danvei put the coin into a pocket on his leather trousers and walked towards Aursa’s house to show them the wisp familiar.

Do you like it? Do you hate it? Vote for whatever Very Happy.

Do not Copy-write or I will kill you!!!!

Please do not edit this topic anyone. If you write anything that makes me scream DAH FUQ I will delete your post. Have A Fun Read!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nica911

nica911

TheBook!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheBook!!!    TheBook!!!  EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:33 pm

Come on guys I need book titles Razz
Back to top Go down
Beepo

Beepo

TheBook!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheBook!!!    TheBook!!!  EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 3:09 pm

O.O Nica must have an A+++++ in English o.O
Back to top Go down
nica911

nica911

TheBook!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheBook!!!    TheBook!!!  EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 3:21 pm

Beepo wrote:
O.O Nica must have an A+++++ in English o.O
I got a B- lol.
Back to top Go down
nica911

nica911

TheBook!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheBook!!!    TheBook!!!  EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 3:22 pm

below is my new signature btw.
Back to top Go down
Lemmingworld

Lemmingworld

TheBook!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Subject re:The book!!!   TheBook!!!  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:34 pm

Great story!
You should go on one of the book websites where you could publish for more people to see.
Wink
Back to top Go down
nica911

nica911

TheBook!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheBook!!!    TheBook!!!  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Thx Lemmington.
Back to top Go down
IxLUCKYzZ

IxLUCKYzZ

TheBook!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheBook!!!    TheBook!!!  EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 5:25 pm

good work, very good work. Smile
Back to top Go down
superblackcat
Admin

TheBook!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Idea   TheBook!!!  EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 10:17 pm

Hey Nica, I could open up a section just for your book, and make you pressured Razz... Clean it up a bit Put More enters so i can see whats happening, i don't like walls of text:P Also, Separate it into different Posts...

SBC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TheBook!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheBook!!!    TheBook!!!  Empty

Back to top Go down

TheBook!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KAG Delta Force :: General Discussion-
Jump to: